Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Have Awesome Friends

I have awesome friends.

Like Emily. Who is so passionate about fighting human trafficking that she started a company to empower those who have been rescued from that horrible business. Click here to see her on our local news this morning. And check her website often because she has some awesome new products that are about to launch and that will be exclusive to Stop Traffick Fashion. I've seen the jewelry and the new shirts. They're pretty awesome!

Like Lady Lazarus. I've known her in real life since middle school. We lived in the same neighborhood growing up, rode the bus together, survived band camp together, acted in high school drama productions together, you get the idea. Anyway...I always watch shows like "The Biggest Loser" or Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" and think, "well, yeah, anyone can lose that much weight when they have a nutritionist, dietician, coach, personal trainer, etc. But Lady Lazarus has done it. She's lost over 100 pounds (and counting) with her own will power. And she's living to blog about it.

Like Mama Marchand. I've known her since high school. Yes, Lady Lazarus, Mama Marchand, and I all hail from the same town. She just reopened her Etsy shop and is finally getting the chance to live her dream as a SAHM (a job I realized I was totally NOT cut out for after an extended maternity leave when B was born). One Ordinary Dad got me a necklace from her shop for our anniversary and I get compliments on it every time I wear it. B likes it because it has a bird on it. He points and says, "Tweet, tweet." Be still my mama heart.

I have awesome friends. Go give 'em some love.

~One Ordinary Mom

P.S. For the folks at home-- I have awesome kids!
C is legit reading. Stay tuned for a post about that. We started her on the Bob Books Set One. We don't read them aloud to her first; she sounds all of the words out on her own. So far, girlfriend can read the first 3. She is so proud. We are so proud. Even B is so proud (he's a pretty captive audience given that they're short, simple books).

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear what's on your mind. Just keep it PG...this is a family blog. :-) Also, if you don't have any kind of ID to sign in with, just select "comment as anonymous," you'll still be able to put your name on it. :-)